Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Anything screws up day.

G'day Everyone!

Well, it was bound to happen. Anything that goes so well, it's bound to screw up. In the very way of things that have happened to me today, my day has DEFINITELY gone skewed. Yes, it's a screw up.
Right now, I'm laughing at myself. When I last saw the advertisement for the NTID Job Fair, which is today, it said it runs from 10am-2pm. Little did I know I was kind of looking at the wrong info on the NTID Center on Employment homepage.
I laid plans to go to the job fair last nite and I thought I was going to leave my home at 6am and be here in Rochester, NY on the NTID campus (which is where I am now) and be here on time.
Well, 6am I got up. FOG is outside. Wait for day light at 7am. More fog. (so think it's English pea soup you can touch it with your hands). 8am, I bitched and said "fog or no fog.. I'm driving!!".

Got in my car and drove. Up route 15 north. I finally break out of the fog into the morning sun. What a beauty. I saw a lot of dead deer bodies strewn all over the road. Fresh kill. I was going: "noo! not bambi! nooo!" (ah my pity whine for the dead deer).

I was kind of shocked when I got past Lawerenceville, PA. Route 15 on the PA side is ALL COMPLETE! I was amazed. Easy to get to/from NY now. All mountain driving. Nice, no? Except to say there are spots in which they are still doing construction in making more road improvements.

By the time I got into Rochester, I was pissed that it's 11:30am. I thought I had 2.5 hours left for the job fair. Well, get into building 60 and I looked at the empty tables and I thought "hello, did I just miss the damn fair?". As one of the NTID Center on Employment (NCE) staff member said "No, the job fair begins at 1:30pm to 5pm today".

It was my turn to be *shocked*. John Stienbeck, eat your grapes of wraths book out. Well, so much for a day trip has turned into a day/overnight trip. :-) *LOL* So, I'm killing time in the CSD center and posting this as well as to check my emails.

As it's been said "when life hands you lemons (and it has), make lemonade (yep, strong, but not so sour I'll make of it!!)."

I do want to note that it is the very month of October in which some of us that are observing some of the past events of the Gallaudet University protest of 2006. Yesterday, Oct 13, 2008) was the 2nd anniversary that Jordan had students arrested. It's still a dark legacy on Jordan after 2 years.

But good things are coming for Gallaudet University. Not only the Homecoming is happening this weekend (FOR SURE) and that the GU Board of Trustees is beginning their search for the replacement of Davila. (about damn time they got off their duff to do it!!).
For Jane K. Fernandes, she's happy in her new job far away. Perhaps, that's the best thing for her to get. Davila has done his time. I'm pretty sure he's ready to get back in retirement.

For me, I'll be content and let the little things fall where they may. Perhaps there's a future in all things, if we look closely.

Semper FI from the Campus of NTID at the Job Fair.
Sherlock.

No comments: