Monday, September 15, 2008

Doctor/Patient and ADA.

G'day Everyone!

First, before I get into my post today, I have a shout to my readers in Houston, Texas area. If anyone knows about Robert A. Smith, could someone tell me that he's OK? A friend of mine, Sharon Rutherford, and I are concerned for him. If someone has info, please contact me. Thanks.

Now, on to today's post:

Second, if anyone has stock investments in the market, CONSULT YOUR BROKER FAST and put on a *HOLD* on your trading (or whatever the advice your broker gives you). The news is so bad on Wall Street, I hope we are not heading for another bad *CRASH* that would really hurt this country. If it happens, I don't want to think of the worst of worst things to come.

Meanwhile, my main topic today is Jamie Berke's post in the deafness.about.com article :
http://deafness.about.com/b/2008/09/14/doctor-no-interpreter-patient-i-will-sue.htm

You know, Doctors and Hospitals are way under prepared for deaf patients. An interpreter for the deaf should be on-call every day. Especially in emergency situations. I hated my own experience in my hometown's own hospital. The lack of interpreters was astounding to me. What would happen if I didn't have a working hearing aid? Then my frustration would mount and you know, I would be more than happy to leave the hospital. Sue the hospital is always an option for violations of the ADA laws.

I have talked with some deaf friends who've spent in some good hospitals that have certified Interpreters for the deaf. But how many hospitals can afford of taking care of deaf patients? That's the question of the day. I've had some deaf friends that have described to me some of the HORROR stories of staying in the hospitals. If they want to post about their experience, the comments are open for it.

Lastly.. someone just gave me a link to a webpage:
http://www.deafnetwork.com/

have a look at it. I plan to look on it later and show some support. OK

stay in prayer and have a great day.

Semper FI.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bob Wilson--in search of Dan/Judi hollar. rbwilson@hotmail.com