Thursday, January 24, 2008

The DO NOT CALL registry

G'day Everyone!

Today's a special post to all my CELL PHONE yappers out there! I have a important announcement to make.

Let me show you of what's been coming around in my e-mail:
***********************************************************************************
Reminder- 12 days from today (as of Thursday, January 24), all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS.

To prevent this from happening, call the following number from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time.
It blocks your number for 5 years. You must call from the cell phone number
you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

Help others by passing this on to all your friends. It takes about 20 seconds.

***********************************************************************************

What's suppose to happen is that your cell phone number is suppose to "match" with the cell number on the list. If it does, your number gets registered. If they tell you that your number doesn't match with their list, then all is NOT lost. They advise you to go to:

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

So, I'm asking you, my friends to kindly register your cell phones and land line phones today at the http://www.donotcall.gov/ and get your number on the list. It would be 5 years worth of "peace" without those damn telemarketers from calling you at the WRONG time. (the last one? I'm betting his ear is still ringing from my yelling at him in a long lecture).

I'm not sure if it would be worth to register your blackberry and sidekick phone number, but I think better safe to register it on the DO NOT CALL list than to be sorry.

Semper FI salute to my sister L!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Another semper FI goes to a good friend to tell me that it's NOT really happen for cell phones.
proof: read this web page: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

enjoy.

Semper FI salute to D!

3 comments:

Dianrez said...

Please see the urban legends webpage following:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

Just for your information.

Unknown said...

thank you, dianrez..I'll update my site.

Domvera said...

Hi Steve,

Thank you for bringing up this issues.
I have big problems to receive so many calls on my sidekick pager and I refused to return the call. Most people called me through relay services and left message on my pager. Then I checked on GOOGLE.com to verify the phone number. Good enough, these numbers may be scammed. How did these people get my number? I never given anyone except credit card companies, bank, etc.
I read the comments on "reversed call." I realized that I am not only one. Most hearing consumers do complained about phone scam with the phone numbers. That made me crazy! They should show their respect for other people's private lives.

How can I block or stop this matter?

Nick