Friday, November 16, 2007

Gallaudet OFF PROBATION?

G'day!

I fell out of my chair the moment I was reading my emails. The flash came in. Gallaudet is OFF the Probationary status and put on to a WARNING list in the next step of the process of re-accreditation. That's what President Davila says.

Excuse me while I don't join the cheers. I rather wait for the day when Gallaudet is FULLY CERTIFIED and FULLY RE-ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY. That's when the day I will cheer for Gallaudet!

At the present, with nothing major event happening to disrupt the campus of this Fall semester, I breath a sigh of relief. But just the same, all these students, faculty, and staff have been working hard this semester as a team. We have a long way to go.

I'm still concerned of the impact of what happens if Jane Fernandes, I.King Jordan, and Karen Kimmel will have when they come back and teach on our Kendall Green. I hope NOBODY signs up for their classes. (That's my wish). I still say it's a mistake for the 3 to come back and rather see that they take an early retirement. That's what they deserve right now.

So, over all, I will extend a guarded "congratulations" to President Davila at this point for now. But anything else that happens in the Spring Semester? I don't think anyone wants to know but just pray.

Students: Have a Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the "mini-break". Ace the end of the Semester Exams!

Semper FI.

Update: I just looked on the Gallaudet University Home page. There was a confirmation of an announcement made by President Davila. For info: http://news.gallaudet.edu/?id=12185

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tons of people have signed up for the 3 K's classes. So your fear is confirmed. Sorry.

Unknown said...

Oh well.. that's life. Wait till the students try to ask for a REFUND! They'll be pissed. :-)

Note to St. John:
I am not the leader of the ANTI-Protestors. That honor belongs to someone else.

And #2..if you haven't meet my Brother Watson, he's the one who's done ALL the research for me and yes I follow up and double check on him.

and #3.. unfortunately, thanks for posting. your last comments were NOT approved. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

The first comment made at 11:24 a.m. was made by Mike McConnell.

Anonymous said...

Actually the people who signed up are not fans of her. Jane is in for a big surprise!

Jim said...

From reading this comment, it is sad to hear that student signed up for the 3 K's classes. I sure hope the students thinks wisely and don't signed up for others. If they do, the three people will feel that they are welcome back to Gallaudet without any fear or problem. If I was a student at Gallaudet, I would have not signed up with any of those three people courses.

Unknown said...

St. Johns: I want no blog war with you. Please understand my position of why I am anti-protestor.

If you haven't had experienced of hearing your friends being hurt by pro and anti- fernandes group that were trying to pull apart the independent students (those that didn't want to be involved and want an education), then something's wrong with you.

I have had several friends roughed up by both groups. They could have filed a criminal complaint against them, but they have decided that they would leave Gallaudet and Not come back and they have left. The only way they'd come back if there was a PUBLIC apology to happen. But after a year, the protestors still enjoy the "victory" against the unity of students. Davila is trying his best to Unify the campus as "Team Gallaudet" and I think it's cool to do that.

Understand me, St. Johns, I take my postings seriously. If I didn't, I would not have post at all.

Further more, St.Johns I have to strict of how I allow people to leave comments on my site. I've seen your handiwork on other people's site which I will decline to identify of it.

I am trying to end my attacks on the protestors themselves. I want to formally tell you, St.Johns, that I offically give the protestors a public apology as you say that they deserve that. Fine. They have the apology. But hear this, St. Johns, History will judge us all. By the time the next generation reads all of our works of what we have done and say, they will make a better judgement of who's right in the present tense of time.
Don't forget that there are OTHERS out there who share the same sentimental view that I have about the whole situation. So don't try attacking just me. Go attack others as well.
Sooner or later, You know that the issue is just going to die off.
so let the issue die off and let life go on.

DO NOT MAKE ME BLOCK YOU AGAIN!

Thank you.