Monday, November 19, 2007

administrative Post from Sherlock

From: The Desk of Sherlock
To: My Readers
November 2007.

It was time for an administrative post. After consulting a few bloggers over a certain "problem", I decided that it was necessary to be said and to clear the "air" around my blog.

There are many bloggers who enjoy to read my site. They may agree to disagree with me and some privately let me have at it via the AIM. Some times we get into an argument. There are times we get mad with each other but then, forgive each other because not of the bonds of friendship, but in respect of blogging. I appreciate them very much for their input and their honor to show that to me as I give to them as well.

Now, I would like to personally address to MR. St. Johns:

Sir: I have accorded you the honor and have addressed to you of all your "suggestions" since you are a staunch supporter for these Gallaudet protestors. We agree to disagree and you know that for a fact very much. Name calling me will not bring you on to the comments section of my web page such as you have previously been able to do on Xanga. For you see, Sir, I have accorded you this moment so that you may see that I respect you. Unfortunately, it's the last respect I'm giving you because of your very words that been said and cuts deep into me.


As it's been said "Be careful of what you post, it can come back to haunt you."
How's that for grip on reality? Get my point of your own complaint to me? Good!

Now I have you know, Sir, that I am sane as a normal person. But, I won't lower myself to the level of Ridor that he uses to SLAM people to bits when he feels he needs to make a point.

What I am saying, Sir, that we have a difference of opinion. All of us, as bloggers, can be either right or wrong on various situations that happens around us. At the same time, we don't need to slam into each other often as this is the case to be on some web pages. (try the Berke-Ridor 3 war on going in the BerkeOutspoken.com area). Some of my close bloggers are good friends of mine on AIM and have often given me comments and suggestions for my blog. Remember, Sir, I have my own group of people doing some researching for me and if something I post is wrong, I let them have it personally. Hey, Sir, we're all human bloggers, are we? Good. So we are human! So are you, MR. St. Johns!

If there was a blog or vlog done by a human so perfect and so innocent in the name of human nature, that person would win all the blog and vlog awards out there and there would be none left for human and imperfect bloggers and vloggers! So there you have it, MR. St. Johns. That's what I am. A human, living, imperfect Sherlock. I can be wrong some times. But that gives me an opportunity to make things right as well in our lives. That's humanity as it is!

Lastly, Mr. St. Johns (and to everyone else), if you don't like what I post on my web page, do me a favor: Don't bother posting in the comments. I'm taking a tougher stance on who leaves comments on my web page. Unfortunately, your last comment was very much hurtful to me and that shows you have LACK OF RESPECT for a blogger such as me. If you want to be the way that you mimic like Ridor is, then go right ahead and see how popular you get. It won't get you that far.

Finally, I want to be clear to everyone. Gallaudet has a long road ahead into the future. There's a lot of work left to be done. We all have done our fair share of being critics on them. We're still going to be watching how Gallaudet grows beyond the days of Post-Jordan. It's time for the protesters to stop victory dancing around MT. Bison and start to really focus on the 2nd half of the academic year. MSCHE gave Gallaudet a break. I'd like to see the protesters put their energy where it belongs. STUDY. Be a part of Team Gallaudet. There is but one condition: no longer announce that you were apart of the Gallaudet Protest. The year long victory dance is over. It's time for work. Time to get things done.
This is where MR. St. Johns calls for UNITY for Gallaudet. I say fine. Unity for Gallaudet. But that unity is only good as long as NO PROTEST HAPPENS. I gave my best shot at the protesters. I hope my affirmation of support, as MR. St.Johns wants me to be, for the protesters will not be a misplaced state of faith in them. Such as it is, I'm giving them just that for the coming 2nd half of the academic year. For the divided campus community, do what St.Johns asks for. Unity for Gallaudet. It's time.

End of administrative post.

3 comments:

Jim said...

I will back on Sherlock and saying that Protesters have no place at Gallaudet. My post that Sherlock point to my blog points out that yeah I supported on teh ground that the people that are returning in the spring should not come back to Gallaudet University. But now that students has signed up and the Accreditation is still on Warning at Gallaudet University, I would back track and say let Gallaudet University be Unity and go forward. Forget about my saying about the Protest. If they set one more Protest at Gallaudet, it will go back to Probation state from Warning Stage. Gallaudet Univesity needs to restore it Accreditation and move on. Lets not repeat another Prootest. Again, lets Unity for Gallaudet University and move forward!

Anonymous said...

I heard someone called Mr. St. Johns try to post to Sherlock's site. Sherlock rejects him!
Hey St.Johns, respect the man. Right or wrong that he about whatever issue is on Gallaudet, he still has an opinion of his own. Wait till 5 year passes and then if Gallaudet survives, then sherlock can praise the protestors for all he wants and apologize to them. So back away from Sherlock. You won't get anywhere if you keep harassing him! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is a formal DARE to Mr.R.St.Johns: I have found another site that shows you clearly that another person is anti-protester. sherlock is not alone! I dare YOU to see this site. http://www.xanga.com/jbyrne7480. Even on the gallLnet, there's always a debate on the protest as well.