Tuesday, November 20, 2007

ASLexpo 2007 / Thanksgiving 2007

G'day folks!

I'm late on posting of my experience of the ASLexpo 2007 last weekend. It was a joyful day to be there on that Saturday. Despite the painful cold morning (which later "warmed up" to a cool afternoon), it was a day where I could forget about the hearing world and use SIGN LANGUAGE again.
I was meeting just about everyone! From old deaf friends, to meeting new deaf friends, to meeting deaf and hearing strangers who just wanna yammer with "Sherlock"!
At times, my rival enemies, who just looked at me with a curt and a nod, fully knowing we're not going to try to have a WAR in a public place. (I was in no fighting mood that day).

I enjoyed meeting the infamous Tom Neville! He was so busy of handing out the raffle tickets (I wonder who won the 5K and other prizes?) I wish I had a pic of him and me. Ah the man was just an awesome presence there.

Meanwhile, my critic of the movie "THE WRONG GAME". I'm not going to spill what happens in that movie, but YOU HAVE TO SEE IT! It's an all ASL movie! No sound! No voice! Wonderfully directed and made by my friend, Mark G. Wood! There are some funny moments, lots of gags (literally you'll gag at times), and some pretty frightening moments. This is a movie that may be intended for all ages, but I strongly caution parents to sit with their kids to talk about what's going on in the movie in case they have questions. (I hate to see their nightmares!)

Over all, I give Mark Wood more than a thumbs up. I give him a standing, cheering, yelling praise for making that movie!! It will come out on Video in 2009. Don't forget, Mark is still working on yet, ANOTHER movie! Humm..that should be very interesting!

I had to leave the ASLexpo 2007 early as I had to take a friend back to Gallaudet as he was the out-going Vice President of the Washington Metro Association of the Deaf-Blind group. It was sad to leave, but then again, no choice as it was a fun day. I had an enjoyable evening with the Deaf-Blind group there.

As we drove back to my friend's home, it was an exhausting yet enjoyable day. He said "If ASLexpo happens again next year, I wanna stay all day!!". I don't blame him. ME TOO!

Thanksgiving 2007

To many of my readers, friends, and foes alike:

I want to wish you all a happy thanksgiving. I hope each of you will take time to say a prayer and be thankful to God for having a home, family, and friends. Take time to thank for your health as well.
Remember in prayer for our military people who are fighting in various parts of the world. We need to remember to thank them for the cause of our freedom. Bless the family who's son and daughter that serves in our nation's military. That is the highest thankful praise we can give them.

I ask prayers for my family at this time. A relative of my family is dying and many people are heading to my home town for a possible funeral. We will have one big thanksgiving dinner some how. (that's a lotta cooking I have to do. oh boy!). So please pray.

Again, God bless each of you.

For ASLexpo and Thanksgiving 2007: Semper FI!

No comments: