Monday, November 26, 2007

Mortal Life.

G'day Everyone!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. I'm sure you all have been stuffed and swearing you'll diet like hell and hope you get THIN enough to impress the holiday crowds. But just don't diet hard. Go Easy.

Today, I have to write this post. It's a religious type post with a message for everyone today. So I'm giving a fair warning and if you don't want to read any further than this line, come back tomorrow for a new post. Fair enough?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still here? Ok.. on to my topic for today. First: Please look at the following link:

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0001/0001_01.asp

There's a few reasons why I posted that link.

Have you ever been confronted by knowing you are MORTAL of your very life? It's true!
From the day your are born to the day you die, you are very mortal. You can be hurt, you can suffer disease, your can eventually bleed to death if that were to happen.

There are millions of teenagers and young adults out there in this world, who think they are immortal and can't be killed, yet suffer the most destructive ways to end of life. I've seen and heard that they do drugs hard, drink hard, and smoke hard. They live life aggressively and recklessly. They have the notion that their body will heal but won't die. But just one impact of a hit, or stab, or shot by gun or major car accident, they'll find out in the first few moments that they have a disbelief that they are hurt. Then comes the scream for help when they realize they are seriously hurt or dying. When they die, they are gone. It's painful to hear it.

But that's not why I post this topic today.

Early last December 2006, as Jamie Berke wrote in her own blog : http://berkeoutspoken.blogspot.com/2007/10/next-time-gallaudet-university.html that I had almost died of MRSA.

For those of you who don't know what MRSA stands for, it's : Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Short name : STAPH!

Here's info about it : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRSA

Yes, we all have been hearing about how Staph infections are becoming life-threaten and being drug resistant. When I contracted it, I was faced with the very fact that I could be dying RIGHT THERE AND THEN!! It is scary. It is an event that really confronts you and tells you that YOU ARE A MORTAL HUMAN BEING! The very stay in the hospital was not only expensive, but it was a SERIOUS WAKE CALL that tells me I'm mortal!

It was at that time that I was prepared to die if it was to happen. Turns out, a lot of my friends cared to pray to God on my behalf and it is to them I still give them my grateful thanks.

Over this past Thanksgiving weekend, I was confronted by a reminder again of how mortal life can be for anyone. Early in the week, I was informed an aunt of mine had fell at home and was sent to a hospital. I later found out she had terminal lung cancer among other problems. Rather than staying in a hospital, she was sent to a hospice home.

A hospice is place where you have something of a home, but you will eventually die there.

I took time each day of the Thanksgiving weekend to visit my aunt. I became that bible believer again and trying to witness to her for salvation. I told her I loved her despite that the rest of my family didn't like her much. She was my dad's sister. Most thought she won't die for a long while.
But, there was something that told me that she would be gone last weekend. Death came and took her away. Did she go to Heaven? Did she go to Hell? That is a question I'm able to answer because she wasn't able to answer. A part of me hopes that she heard the Gospel message I presented to her. I won't know until I die myself.

But you know what? I made a wish to myself that weekend. If God will be kind to me, I rather die on a warm weather day or nice evening weather, the grass beneath me, and that I will be looking up to the sky. I'm kind of jealous a bit that my aunt died on a FULL MOON night despite it was cold outside (no she wasn't outside). My second wish is dying in my own room, my own bed and not in a hospice place. (as long as I can stay in my own place).

Sadly, she was the next to last of my father's family he had. Now, my father's brother is the last surviving member of my father's family. Yet, I ask many of you to please pray for my uncle. Seriously, he's been depressed and sick in the last several months. Several people in my family are very afraid the news about his sister might kill him. If it does, we'll be looking at a 2nd funeral in the family this year. So I ask many of you to please pray for him.

Just remember out there. You are not invincible person. You are NOT a super person. You are mortal living person.
Hebrews 9:27 : "At the appointed time, a person is to die. But after this, the judgement". Remember that.

God bless.

Sherlock.

No comments: