Tuesday, November 20, 2007

CAUGHT DRIVING WHILE TXTING!

G'day everyone!

Hey.. do you know what? There are cameras every where in nearly every state. Do you know what happens when law enforcement looks into a person's car, just for a safety reason? Well, NOW YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN YER CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NOT DO!

Here! Read this: http://www.switched.com/2007/11/20/first-ever-driving-while-texting-ticket-issued/

So, don't blame if I didn't warn you! I told you all for many years now, Don't sidekick or cell txt while driving because if you do, a cop will be on you faster than you can say.."what the hey?"and you'll be issued a ticket which means you have to hire a lawyer, interpreter (if you are deaf), and be prepared to argue you case right in front of a judge. If you lose, you better have money saved up for it or it's going to be "Hi, I'm prisoner #....".

I've seen too many situations on I-66 and on many other roads. I've seen people talk on cell phones, BlackBerries, other devices, and wander all over the road. I've had to honk and flash my bright lights to get them back into the proper lane. (some times it works.. some times not. and most times.. avoid them like they got the disease!).

I have rode in a passenger seat of a friend's car, one time, and kindly asked him to put his device away. He kept on tx'ting. In one instance, we nearly had an accident and just as I saw what was coming, I yanked his device out of his hands and yelled at him, "WATCH THE DAMN FUCKING ROAD". When he realized what was going to happen, he stepped on the brakes.. hard! How close did we come to a major car accident? Micro-meters. When we stopped, the bumper was just gentle resting on the other car. The driver of the other car wasn't even aware of it. There was a LONG black streak of tire marks in the road (tires still smoking).

When my friend asked for his device back, I first grabbed everything I was carrying that day and then flipped his device back at him. I told him " Report yourself to the DMV if you dare for I'm doing just that for your sake". And I did. We haven't spoken ever since.

So, all you deaf and hearing readers out there, do me a favor. Put it down. If you get a call or text message, pull off the road and then do it. SAFELY. It takes two hands to drive a car. But, it only takes an instant of a mistake that will mean a life of pain or eternity of death.

If you get a ticket, you only have your very self and your empty wallet to blame.

Semper Fi.

update: Here's another article I found today. Have a good read. Then ask yourself a lot of questions: http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/wayoflife/11/20/behind.wheel/index.html

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I moved to new location, drivers are totally different.

I now leave my blackberry in the trunk, no temptations, no distractions - I feel safer, I feel better.

now on.. pager in trunk, no argument. unless passenger riding along can have pager, but driver NO.

Anonymous said...

I am sick of careless drivers with cell phone. Also, I have seen a lot of cops using their computers, cell phone, etc. while they're driving. Nobody should be above the law.

Anonymous said...

Deaf people do not have to pay for interpreters in court. The court pays for that. Get your facts straight.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1: I checked with the local court. As per ada law, correct. AS LONG AS YOU REQUEST FOR IT! There are some courts out there that do not obey the ADA law and I think that's a damn shame.

And by the way.. drive safe please!

Anonymous said...

Bug's correction. Actually, young woman was hit my car when I was near rear. I was suppose to pick up my daughter from School.
But end up I had to stayed there until the cop arrive.

I discovered that the young woman were use her cell phone. I was wait for other car to move .. .. the man was shaken and open window .. he asked me Are you alright? I say yes and scared me to death. We were shake along together.. but I could not move my car to park on right..

After two days later,I found out she lied to her parents that she did not hit my car and say I did not know.. until auto insurance called me if I got hurt. I said next day yes I did end up my neck pain. Bruise on left collarbone from seatbelt. It was very pain neck and back when I woke up and scream for my husband to get out of bed. I could not get out of bed. I had to get out myself. my husband cannot hear when I shouted him. Help me to get out of bed!

They paid my medical bills.

I agree to not text at all. I should have tell Auto insurance. I was not tell them about the lady use cell phone. I was lost my mind.

Anonymous said...

It makes sense for a consumer to ask for an interpreter so it is our choice to want one or not. Some prefer CART while others prefer an oral interpreter. I don't like to be forced to use one if I don't need one. Thanks.

Lisa C. said...

Our cars are NOT the phone booths. Thats it! I was nearly hit by the driver using her cell phone a few days ago.

Unknown said...

Ye gods.. where's clark kent driving as superman in a car? Holy mobile phone booths batman!