Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Post for Parents today! Important to read!

G'day Readers and Everyone!

Today is my important message to Parents out there today.

The day you get married should be the day you, as a couple, plan for the distribution of your estate in the event you become unable to care for yourself or death. Nobody should have to wait until you die or wait till you end up in a nursing home.

But you and your husband need to sit down and have an honest talk about your property together. What do you want done with your personal property when you are disabled or dead?
Plan this out in the first year of your marriage and keep this updated all through your life.

When children are old enough to understand, teach them so that they know who's getting what from the estate as part of their life. They should know what to expect when the day comes of what's going to be theirs to take care of for their memory of their lives with their parents.

These past few weekends, I've been going to my mom's home and trying to hope that this was NOT the end coming for my mom's home. But it was. In the previous years, she could no longer care for herself and has end up in a nursing home and needed life assistance.

During this last weekend with family, everyone was grabbing stuff of everything they wanted to take, never mind to check with me because I've lived here in this home for the last 10 years.

When the house was empty, painted, and made to look like a home ready for sale, I no longer recognized it anymore.
It became one of the most saddest days of my life. You see, my mom didn't leave us any instructions of who was to end up with what. It was like a damn free for all. Most of the rejected stuff went to donations which strangers would paw away for it.

In the last 30 years, I have lived in various homes and apartments in my life. From parents, to having roommates (good and evil), to being alone. Nothing was ever so stable, compared to the home of my mom that I could count on for a safety net and comfort in my life when I needed it.

The years where we moved from place to place for my dad's job, then my post college days of moving around due to roommate problems they caused (evil ones that is), then last 15 years of living alone have taken a toll on me.

But the safety net was always there for me, my mom's home and my mom herself. But once she got sick, I was the one who protected her home as much as I could till she got well. I realized that she wasn't coming home and watching this home disappear from me without her instructions have truthfully left me heart broken.

Parents, please. Leave a good plan of life action for your kids so that they know what to do when you become disabled, or having to live in a nursing home. Don't let them wait till you die. They need to know to be prepared no matter what.

I'm also in the process of getting rid of a lot stuff I may never need anymore. It's horrible to do, but it has to be done. I may never feel safe again as I fight for my job often as I can.

I hope I help you parents today because your kids will thank you and love you much more.

Sincerely,
Sherlock Steve.

No comments: