Friday, September 9, 2011

Flooding Disasters in the State of Pennsylvania

G'day Everyone.

This post 1 of 2 today as I have two separate stories to share with you.
First of all, I'm going to try to learn to post pictures of the flooding disaster to share with my readers today. This will not be easy since there are still raw images that I have to process.

However I would rather link you to the Williamsport Sun-Gazette site that shows SOME images.
Link:http://www.sungazette.com/page/category.detail/nav/5011/Local-News.html

Right now I am sad for a good friend of mine. I was shocked to learn yesterday that Route 87 is destroyed as well as a bridge that connects route 973 and wallis run road are gone. My friend's home is in a possibility of being set for a loss as the road (Wallis Run Road) has been washed out.

Meanwhile, Hurricane Katrina which was close to the USA, has been pushed out to the Atlantic by the remains of tropical storm Lee. That means, we may have dodged a serious bullet. But the hurricane season isn't over yet.

As many local communities across the East Coast begin to recover from the disaster from the many days of rain falling and flooding, lives and the landscapes have been changed forever.

What I am asking for many of my readers of this weekend is to do this: While being watchful this weekend and mindful that it is our 10th anniversary of 9/11, I hope you will join me in prayer for people in many places. Some are without a job. Some are without a job. Some don't have either one.

Let us pray that we can recover from many issues that affect us all in our present lives.

Thank you.
See you in post #2.

No comments: