Thursday, January 8, 2009

Deaf Anthology's post of the Deaf Sherlock.

G'day Everyone!

As I get back into the swing of things, I thought that I would start off with kind word to my fellow blogger, Deaf Anthology (Gary Fitts). He gets a MAJOR SALUTE for his post spin of the deaf Sherlock. http://deafanthology.blogspot.com/2009/01/deaf-anthology-158-deaf-sherlock-holmes.html
Only two things. Gary, you should have cleared it with me first before you posted. Second, I don't smoke either. I detest pipes. But kind of like blowing soap bubbles. *pop* smile.
Above all, the post was a good spin on the tale of the deaf Sherlock.

Meanwhile, Jamie Berke did write a good and important article in her Deafness.about.com earlier: http://deafness.about.com/b/2008/12/26/how-many-cases-before-hospitals-get-the-message.htm
Importantly to say, a cart machine is NO SUBSTITUTE for a real life Interpreter for the deaf! Cart machines are devices that do not do a deaf patient justice in the hospitals. Expect Robert Goodwin to write about his hospital and rehabilitation experiences in a future post on his own site soon. But just the same, if hospitals don't get their act together soon, too many dead deaf patients will soon make it mandatory for them and I don't think they'd like to see that either!

As the days are counting down to Bush's last days and Obama's first official day of being a president, many things are going to be happening. A warning to many of my readers in DC area, be careful where you are AT ALL TIMES! Especially for returning Gallaudet University Students! From what I hear a lot of roads and bridges will be closed as Obama gets sworn in and Bushie boy begins his departure. So please, be careful around DC. Don't drive. Just take the mass transit, bike, walk. Above all, avoid downtown DC for a while. I think that's going to be from January 19-21, 2009. Don't worry DC will get back to normal soon.

At the same time, be watching your local stores. Yes, there are some stores closing out there. I encourage you to go out and shop and see what specials you can buy before your favorite store closes. I heard Big Dogs stores are closing and I definitely want to go to one soon as I can. I'm a fan Big Dogs store. So look for the sales now before the stores close for good.

Enjoy the day. I hate ice storms. But stay warm out there!

Semper FI!

No comments: