Sunday, May 18, 2008

Personal post : In Memory of Harold J. Tritt.

G'day Everyone.

In what has been a wonderful day for me in going out to be with my friend all day, it wasn't until this evening of May 18th, 2008 that I got a short message text on my phone. I got informed a friend of mine passed away in the early morning hours of today.

When I came home tonight, I found out and got shocked of hearing about my old NTID friend, Harold J. Tritt, passing away in a DC hospital. Harold Tritt has been very sick for a long while and I have asked and do thank many of the friends who have prayed for him.

An article will appear in the Washington Post obituary (Deceased Notices) and most likely in an independent Maryland newspaper with-in the next few days.

Right now, his wife and children are being comforted in their loss. I specifically ask that if anyone knows the Tritts to please not IM, or e-mail, or VP the Tritt family for the next few days. They will be contacting the very people they need to see and need to have time for themselves.
But I would most likely ask that you pray for Harold Tritts family that they get through this rough time in their lives.

Funeral plans are incomplete and will be announced in a future Washington Post Obituary and on here.

It is rough to understand to know that I just lost a good friend of mine. Harold was part of my group of friends that I've had in my NTID days. He was a loyal friend of mine. I had been praying that he would recover from his long hospital illness, But God knows this and this was HIS plan to see this happen. Again, Please pray for the Tritts family.

Thanks so much.

Sincerely,
Steve Baier
Sherlock Steve.

Sorry for date blooper.. fix it. (thanks James.)

Update on May 20th, 2008:

The following info has been given out:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The arrangements for Harold Tritt are as follows:

The VIEWING will be on Friday, May 23rd
from 5pm-8pm at Harold's church, SPC,

which is located at:
South Potomac Church
4915 Crain Highway
White Plains, MD 20695

The FUNERAL SERVICE will be on Saturday, May 24th, 2008
at 11am at the church.

Internment will follow the service at Trinity Memorial Gardens
on Mattawoman-Beantown Road in Waldorf, MD.

The repass (reception) will be back at the church immediately
following the internment.

Harold's obituary will be in the Washington Post on
Wednesday, May 21st, 2008
and in our local paper, the Maryland Independent,
on Friday, May 23rd, 2008.

Food donations for the repass (reception) can be dropped off at the church;
please contact Sissy Reese to discuss this.
She can be reached at: 301-753-4075 (church office hours 9am-5pm)
301-752-2689 (cell)

Memorial donations can be sent to:
South Potomac Church,
4915 Crain Highway,
White Plains, MD 20695

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condolence cards should be addressed to the Tritt family and should be sent
to his church as a suggestion. The Harold's family is being comforted with the
In-Laws that have arrived and are helping his wife and kids to get through of
this time. Again, please keep your e-mails and VP/TTY calls brief if you know
the Tritts. They have a lot to deal with.

Please be in prayer. A large deaf community crowd is expected. Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: May 21, 2008

I have found a link where the orbit for Harold Tritt may be viewed. If you can
purchase a local Washington Post paper, it is in the Funeral listing.

here's the link: http://www.legacy.com/washingtonpost/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=110082082

Please leave a comment in the guest book. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I worked with Harold until just before he went into the hospital. His presence left an indelible mark on my heart. His humor and love of waterparks - and especially the love for his family always made me smile as he greeted me each day. The world is a little dimmer without Harold in it. I pray for his family and thank God for having been exposed to such a wonderful soul.

Be well, Harold...