Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Dead Romance Society.

G'day Everyone.

Time for a personal episode of my life. (I figured we need a break from anything else. Don't get me started on the Gas prices. I'm still trying to force my wallet away from the damn pump!).

Today's title says it all.

Have you ever taken a time when you really loved someone and wanted to go GREAT LENGTHS to surprise them by calling a certain hotel, getting that special room, order candles and wine, and having the lights turned soft and low? Yes, that's what I precisely did. It was worth a very pretty penny!

However, try having your own romantic thoughts unexpectedly ripped apart, after a two week long build up of thinking "Oh what that wonderful weekend is coming up! I can't wait!", after your 'date' says "I'm sorry I can't make it this weekend. I got caught speeding in my car about a month ago and just found out yesterday's mail that I have to pay some court costs. I'm sorry!".

I dropped my jaw right open and somewhere on my desk. I can't believe if someone gets caught for speeding and then delays off setting money aside for paying the fine, what kind of responsible driver is that? It left me totally speechless.

I tried to put romance back in the picture and said: "Come for a weekend with me. It's a gift". Unfortunately, no go. The person, I wanted to be romantic with, wanted to stay home and save money and opting to wait for the coming Spring 2008.

You know, setting a stage for some romantic evening takes a lot of work. Especially when you want to surprise the other person and expecting nothing in return. Well, that person now has to try to romantically impress ME! A relationship takes two people to work it. It only takes ONE to end it all or destroy it.

So now, I've had to scramble to cancel it all, but kept the wine for myself. Dunno what I'll do with it. It'll age a bit. :-)

Let me tell you something, I know some of you are involved in some type of a relationship with someone. Even if it's long distance as well.

But, when one person prepares for a ROMANTIC time for you, JUST GO!! Don't worry about the costs or finances. GO!! It's better to take in a bit of a romantic time with that person who loves you because you'd never know if that same person WILL NOT BE THERE the next day or NOT across the 'net (or NOT in the next room).

Would you like to be one of the many people, who tell the other romantic person, that by putting off the romantic time, can you get assured that he/she will be there later for you? Chew on that.

What if that romantic person who loves you or you were to DIE on that very supposed weekend (or any other day)? What comes after death is a unbearable grief for the lost person (as well as for the surviving romantic person). Life gets tough to bear after you or the other romantic person is gone.

So let me say it clearly. If you are forced to cancel the other person's romantic plans, then you better be romantic right back to that same person and assure him/her you still love him/her and promise to do something special to keep the romance alive. Otherwise, your romance with that person becomes a member of a Dead Romance Society.

I hope I inspire people with this post and remind them with the holiday season coming up so close now, it's a special time for everyone. It would be made more special if you spend time with the person that loves you. Even if for a special weekend has to be made to do it. Take the time to make memories. Because in the uncertain status of our would, relationships should become a very important factor to be sure that they remain strong through the uncertain days to come.

I still love my friend, just sad that he couldn't come. Like I said, I consider what I'll do with the wine later. (any ideas? :-) )

Semper Fi.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yeah, Valentine's day is coming. You made good suggestions for us. Smile