Friday, July 11, 2008

Faire weekend!

G'day Everyone!

Well, most of us have spent the week roasting in the sun, avoiding wild fires, and praying that storms are not bad as they should be and hope for gentle rain.
A lot has been going on in the NAD convention this week and I'm thinking of attending the next one in the future. I've heard a lot of great things have been happening down there in New Orleans area.

Here in PA, some of the counties are having fairs going on. Carnivals are running across the states. Local baseball games are happening. But now, Pennsylvania is gearing up for the next BIG event that will happen in my hometown in a month from now: Little League World Series (LLWS). LLWS is a big event that draws many people in from around the world. Only one problem they'll have this year. Flying in! My local airport has limited flights and it looks like those who are coming to the LLWS will have to travel in by BUS and CAR. I wish them luck. AND, if they were hope to grab a hotel across the street from the LLWS, it's gone. Demolished after the last owner failed to take care of the place. YIPES! But the month of August should be interesting once the LLWS gets into full swing. ABC Sports and ESPN will be in town again as usual.

Last night, I went to the movies. I loved the movie: Wall-e. It was pretty laughable. It certainly made Al Gore's dream of what would happen to the earth if we trashed it completely. But the BEST movie of the year is coming up: THE DARK KNIGHT (Batman 2008). This is suppose to be the best of the best of all batman movies and picks up where the original started. How good will this be? I'd say some of the best acting by the late Heath Ledger will be very interesting to watch! The next batman movie hits July 18th. Coming in the FALL 2008, another James Bond is coming out. This is also suppose to be a good one!

Well, the weekend is here and I'm going to relax in my yard. I'll be thinking of everyone out there.

Semper FI.

No comments: